Saturday 30 August 2014

That Homeless Guy

This next February the homeless guy will be beginning his fourth year sleeping in his secret place. I won't give it away in case the police, who I know read this blog, move him on. After four years it must feel like a home. He dresses well for the outdoors. A padded coat, a wool hat, hiking boots etc. his sleeping bag is a high quality one. I've spoken to him but never in depth. He isn't a drinker or drug user and this seperate s him from the majority of the homeless. It is difficult to communicate with someone on another drug to you whatever it is. Smack heads find drunks maudlin, drunks find junkies boring. A straight homeless is unusual. He reads. A lot. His perch a park bench he sits on until the drunks have gone before sneaking off to his net. Its the time that would get me. I can get bored anyway but sitting on a park bench all day. He goes to the bookies to warm up. I am curious about him. He looks together enough to get a flat. Perhaps it is his choice to live that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment