Saturday 25 June 2016

Solstice week Shamanism.

The week began in acrimonious climate. Social media was awash with tribal hatred. Left wingers had grown into fiery pro Europeans. Blairites, the property owning, neo liberal left had turned on those from the old labour heartlands who, abandoned by governments from the seventies onwards found no hope in labour so turned to Leave. A referendum begun as none party political grew hostile. Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong euro sceptic turned over in hope of unifying his party and bolstering his tenuous leadership. The poor now found the centrists, the blairite new labour property owners calling them 'stupid' 'uneducated' 'racists'. Remain had grown more nasty than Leave. Neither campaign was conducted with any dignity. So I turned off and left for the wild. Summer solstice was coming and this year the full moon coincided for the first time since 1948. There were dark spiritual forces afoot. Friends had grown into an insane online hate mob. My shamanic duty was to go to the lower world. To see what was afoot. To try heal the nations psyche.
Though a practicing shaman of thirty five years, much of this was spent in dimensional exploration. Only these last five years have I been engaged practically. From shamanic witch to shaman. There has stood a copper beech tree in St. John's churchyard for several hundred years. I have always marked Frome by the line of three vast copper beeches. One stands at the dip of the land before it rises up toward the nearest buildings to the beckington bath side. A line through the oldest in the churchyard leads out to the third that stands out near the Mount, on route to Blatchbridge. Both my dogs I walked past the oldest tree each day for the last decade. St John's church is the oldest building in Frome. It predates the town itself and now doubt sits on a previous pagan site. Most major churches were built on native sacred sites as Christianity spread, wiping out the old religion as people changed religion under Roman rule. The Romans left but the faith they brought remained. The tree has been marked for cutting down for some time. Hollow to the core it could fall in any storm. Or other time causing injury. Protesters from new angers to tree enthusiasts have tried to prevent this but finally this was to happen on the solstice. A great life from. The day before I left Frome to move away I found a long crystal by the tree. Gypsum. Long shard of white. Fragile and translucent. A gift from the tree. I cleansed it in a nearby spring. The trees death, I'm sure their will be cuttings and a three metre high stump is being left, marked the end of my time in Frome. I decided to visit the underworld.
The entrance to the lower world which is unrelated to the idea of the hades underworld, is taken by placing yourself in the other or super state of consciousness. Shamans have differing methods, drumming, chanting, even taking entheogens yet for me on such journeys I listen to recorded drumming from different places and people's. The tunnel I use is in the Hollies in Leeds. But it is a place of the dreamscape. Somewhere I have always known. Imagining it in detail I enter. Here I follow the tunnel until reaching the lower world. This time it took me to an outcropping of rocks where a stormy sea lashed the rocks with vicious waves. A small boy was sat there, seemingly u afraid of the danger. Soon a sea serpent appeared, enjoying the fear it spread. I called the child to come away from the sea edge, to help him from the serpents dangerous teeth. He looked back at me unconcerned. He couldn't see me. I was able to see his dimension but I was only there as an invisible spirit. Effectively I was but a ghost. I had only astral planed, as some call the spirit travel free of physicality. I left and walked towards the shore to see if there were any clues as to the communal madness that is afoot in my home dimension. Soon I was watching two freind said talking. From behind a snake of vast size approached them. A boa, common feature of Amazonian shamanism. Turning to me I saw it had two heads. This was the only creature to see me or know of my prescence. Scoffing at my impotence and inability to affect his domain he shot each of his heads into the rear of the two friends, anally raping them both. Neither was aware instead their conversation grew heated. Soon into a fractious argument as the two headed snake, now with heads buried deep into the two friends who were its puppets. They had become puppets of the beast. Poseessed by rage as they argued with bloated red faces.
I became once more aware of the drumming once more, calling me home. Two buzzards led me back through the tunnel to our dimension. After this I slept.
The following evening I took the sacrament timing to peak at 11.34 the time where the sun changes over and the year changes. Walking with Dook as the effects took hold I first alighted on a position to look over the valley. A woman walked a dog so I made for higher ground and privacy. Earlier I had located the two highest points to watch the sunset from. The most powerful is behind the church in Lower Coleford, at the rear grave yard. The first further into farm land. I sat with Dook where a sunset of intense beauty lasted a long time. I videoed this and it is on you tube. As the fire and angels faded from the sky I turned to watch the moonrise. This caused the sky to grow turquoise and blue. Colours I have never before seen. So powerful has been this solstice the country has changed. Later as the moon turned from Orange to gold we went to the church grave yard to see the final colours from the sunset. Pinks as never before seen. I tried to photograph but couldn't capture them . Finally abandoned wasting time trying to record Dook and myself just enjoyed the experience.
We knew then the earths rage was over. The Leave campaign would win. Many would be angry. Ultimately this will be for the good. I'm not certain on details but the post Cameron governments new leader will find a difficult economic aftermath. Already a poor time financially now further unsettled. The election the leader will hold to hope for a personal mandate will be open. Both parties divided. The first to rally and unite will win. We will be worse off for a while but better off long term. Money matters little. We have saved democracy. The EU already grown mutated will fail. The future for Europe, however, looks bright. Britain's future looks bright. My fear that the EU garnered by our inclusion whole heartedly would begin to defend the Baltic States coaxed over from the old ussr infuriating Putin could have led to war. It may still do. I amass visit to England to try tell its people how to vote failed. Since his visit we have renewed trident, our defence system, America has positioned military positions in Poland and other countries that border Russia. Provocative actions to match put ins provocations. Who is the good guy? Neither I think. Also during the referendum further activities have gone unnoticed. Now British special forces have soldiers on the ground in Syria. Our choice to leave the EU hopefully can go some way to slow down this dangerous developement.
So I leave the week hopeful. Shamanically calmed from what I learned. Anger still rages on social media and in the press. Hopefully this will dissipate and unity will return to the left to halt the rise of the far right.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment