Thursday 28 July 2016

The Dog in the Night

The Dog in the Night
Years ago, when I lived in the caravan my previous dog Tex would often wake me up if I was having a nightmare. Dook, my dog now has never done this. He never comes up on to my bed as Tex did. He never licks my face. Last night I was deeply dreaming about a journey on a double decker train along with a selection of football hooligans. At one point I got into a fight and in the chaos I lost my dog. Looking upstairs, a lad had taken my dog saying that, due to my fighting I had ignored the dog and couldn't keep him properly. He aimed to keep him. I woke up in anger at this but relief soon followed to find I had been woken up by Dook who stood above me licking my face. I can't recall any similar dream, not even a dream where my dog was the central character. So the first time I've had a nightmare about losing my dog I was woken up for the first time by my dog for the first time licking my face to wake me up in the middle of the night.


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment