Monday, 10 August 2026

Austin 1300

When I was a kid we used to go on holiday to see my mother’s parents in Torquay. My grandad had an Austin 1100, a step down from this one I saw parked outside B&M. This was a navy blue colour and we had a crash. Being a two door, the front seats were hinged and lent forward to allow access for back seat passengers. When he crashed these tipped forward though both front seat passenger and driver were wearing seat belts. The seats crashed back down and hit my foot. It was painful but the fact we had crashed left us all in shock. I can’t remember any further details. Apparently, before he had his navy blue 1100 he had one this colour that my brother remembers . I can’t remember that one.

Uploaded Image

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment