Friday 23 May 2014

Suicides

There are few things that one can succeed at yet remain unable to deliver advice on. Only one out of every thirty attempted suicides succeeds. Many must be cries for help where the depressed individual has no real intention of bringing their existence to an end. Others must be a kind of practice run. Reading the details of the singer songwriters Elliot smiths suicide I could not help but be shocked that there were just te two deep stab wounds to the chest. No pre stab marks of testing ones bottle. Such bravery amazes me. I recall as a child my father describing suicide as the cowards way out. My feelings were in total polar opposition. Wouldn't it take bravery like I have never felt?
My you g freind paul widowfield committed suicide. I had left leeds and moved to Shrewsbury for college. He had his low periods but I always felt able to talk him out of his current crisis. As far as I heard he was found by one of his childhood freinds having cut his wrists and bled his life away in to a bathroom cabinet. He was a far more naturally happy character than me. Bubbly, positive, sociable. When I found out I was angry. How come no one was there to dislodge his mood. I recall getting drunk and kicking random cars in the traffic flow through Shrewsbury and police locking my in a room till I'd calmed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment