Monday 2 October 2023

The Return of Skreeworld

 Indeed it has been a long time since Skreeworld was running at full force. We brought you creative outlooks on the reality we operate in. We brought you photography of the surrounding world. We brought you a detailed breakdown of our breakdown and our journeys in and out of psychosis. we brought you two novels the second of which became so complex and sprawling we were unable to complete. This was due to our serious mental illness and the sectioning under the mental health act of the main protagonist, Skree often referred to as Peter. We brought you so much.

But then silence. Pedriodical photographs were posted. Unable to communicate we began an ongoing project to study the moths that were spotted in and around the stairwell of the flats where we live. 

I was able to submit photographs of these using  an iphone. But first my main computer was stolen by crackheads, then its replacement disappeared under similar circumstances. Then finally as my furniture business collapsed I dropped my camera and I was reduced to poor quality photographs from my phone. I returned to furniture making creating standard, arts and crafts style work for the wealthy rural market of farmhouses and suchlike but none that represented my own personal aesthetic vision. During this period my mental health was rarely stable and punctuated by periods of depression, extreme anxiety and occasional psychosis. But now it appears my doctors have finally got my medication right and I am once again able to continue.

Skreeworld blog has been an expansive description of my creative work, philosophical thinking, study of moths and all else that comprises my experiences as a human being. Now I am able to, once again, take you on my journey and the other collaborative Skreeworld project. So welcome back to any old followers and also to any newcomers to our work.

Skreeworld is a strange and exciting place. Fuck! Its good to be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment