Friday 30 December 2011

The Natural Filter

It my seem a bit ripe of me to comment but having done a little surfing it has to be said that the quality of information in the digital age does not match the quantity. When I was younger I wanted to have a book published. I also was quite lazy. If I had had the money I may have got some rubbish self published. If I had done this I think I would regret it. There are a few great books, 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' was one, that are submitted to many publishers and rejected before somebody picks up on it. Indeed these would be a great loss. More often than not each rejection forces the writer to further hone thier work until it is worthy of being published. Now I would not choose self publishing unless in an extreme case. I would not some embarrassing ill concieved representation of me out there. This blog should be taken at face value; there are good moments and bad. I usually write things out and post them to test the water. Often, with hindsight I see the weaknesses. The better ideas may get used in real projects. My blog is a sketchbook. A collection of rough notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment