Sunday 22 January 2012

Mid Life Crisis

The mid life crisis is a stage all go through. Not the ubiquitous mourning for lost youth; the ponytail, the motorbike, but a more significant stage. It happens when you cease to care what other people think of you and you begin to care what you think of other people. It is when you realise that there is more behind than ahead.
I am coming towards 50. I can remember being at Freds workshop when he hit the half ton. I think he feared his best days were done. How wrong that would have been as recent years have shown
My mental health has always restricted me, the resultant drug use never helped. Now I feel haste. A hunger to put the irrelevant aside. There is so much to do, so much to write. I can not justify making furniture anymore. Taking work to perpetuate a situation I neither like nor need is pointless. I will make something special when the opportunities come along but no more crap. There is enough crap in the world already.

No comments:

Post a Comment