Sunday 2 December 2012

Lunar Delivery

Loaded up the van and drove down to Exmoor. The weather had dried up and the cold on its way. The farm house is up on the edge of the moors looking down over Porlock and the Bristol Channel.
After unloading and assembling the two beds I  took two more thick yew boards and set off on the journey home. I confess that prior to this I had not quite understood the beauty of the place. It gets its fair share of rain, the waters flow down off the moors, tiny roads, barely fit for motor vehicles are your sole connect. Yet as I got on to the top of exmoor, the sun was setting to my right across the heather and gorse in a myriad of reds and golds. To my left the full moon rose across the bay, jupiter clear by its side. It made sense. I couldnt keep my eyes on the road so pulled over to drink it in.
Deadline done I stayed up with the moon that accompanied me home. 





No comments:

Post a Comment