Saturday 1 December 2012

The Bruce Hood Experience

Regular reade rs will know of my fondness for the thinking of Bruce Hood. His books Supersense and The Self Illusion have been important research for the ideas expressed on Skreeworld. Both books are invaluable reading. Also I have posted up links to other items on his blog and you tube clips.
Earlier today I felt the rage and found myself driving up to Sainsburies. I have not drank any alcohol this last year so you can imagine the fury that inspired my journey. Clutching a bottle of jack Daniels I made for the check outs. Idly looking ahead I saw the guy in front. It was Bruce Hood. I felt pretty sure. I checked out his shopping to see if it looked like a psychology professors food and wine. I had to ask. "Are you Bruce Hood? I had to ask. I told him I was a fan, that I'd read all his books, he replied that if I had them with me he could sign them. We shook hands, then the moment was done.
Now what are the chances of that happening. I'm stuck now, no longer angry but with a bottle of jack Daniels and a whole bunch of questions I wished I'd asked him.

No comments:

Post a Comment