Sunday 13 September 2009

glam rock

I picture it as a building,specifically one in Plymouth. It's new and is near the university and museum, just up from that shopping precinct and that round about with the church that was bombed during the war. I think they kept it as a monument to the thrill of naziism. Cmon, hideous as it was we cant leave it alone. Channel 5 loves pictures of the bodies. The Guardian recently ran a free war booklet set. Thier design was so much better, the luscious luger, that ss logo, their clothes fitted so well. Style wise, not morally, I would have joined the nazis. Shame they were a bunch of cunts.
We had a job making showcases for the museum..By the end those Workhaus boys had them pretty good. It's a sort of student artea and the pub on the corner serves the worst food I have ever eaten and I'm a freegan. I get food from bins. Marks and Spencer are the best, despite the blue dye and recently they've started putting locks on.. Where we stayed was a beaut. Up on trhe ho. Not a snoop doggy dogg ho its more of a naval fortification, your belly button is in safe hands.
At the time I was planning a Glam Rock festival. Mott the Hoople have reformed. Have you listened to 'All the way fro Memphis' lately or 'The Golden Age of Rock and Roll'?, recently, fucking excellent.. Slade play still but it's just Dave and Don, Jim wont do it no more nor Noddy, he says he cant get that sound anymore. Yet in my dreams I could talk them in to it, one last time. The best band I ever saw.. The Glitter Band still play. A truly great band. That guitar sound has never been copied and the double drummer set up only by The Fall and Adam and the Ants. Both awesome. I think there is a form of Sweet still playing ,though sadly, of course, no Brian Connolly who drank himself to death. And, get this, the original Chickory Tip line up still play weddings etc, good grief christina. Wizard only had four singles as some contract Roy Wood signed messed things up, all great. T rex obviously cant be there. Perhaps the Rubbettes are out there?
Imagine it

GLAMFEST 2010

Maybe even the unholy one, Paul Gadd could be persuade to give it one last outing for those who can manage to put the art before the artist. I recently bought a Glam Rock video, obviously compiled before the paedo scandal came out, it features 'Do you wanna touch' 'Beautiful' ' Leader of the gang''Rock'n'Roll part 2'

Perhaps thats expecting too much

I was a Gary Glitter fan as a 7 year old. He let me down.

Dont let this stop glamfest 2010

Ian Hunter is 70. Cant wait to see him in Monmouth 26th september. ' The Golden Age of Rock and Roll will never die'

No comments:

Post a Comment