Wednesday 23 December 2009

King of the Wolves 2

I lie on my sofa, settee, daybed listening to Richard Hawley Trueloves Gutter with Tex sharing the space, curled up by my feet. We have lived together since my wolf came to live with me from the dogs home. This is how I remember the noughties. Tex cant be left on his own. He isnt like a dog.He destroys everything until he escapes if you try. So many dog owners have told me they could train him to be alone. They have no idea. I tried everything, all advice but became resigned that we would always be together so he comes everywhere I go. He is an Angel. Not a metaphorical Angel, he is a real Angel. He saved my life just as I saved his. The love we have, the connection we have is impossible to describe. We are each other.I would push a man off a lifeboat were there no space for him. I have learned more from him than anyone, a rescue dog I dont know his true age or why he does certain things. He used to cower if I swore at certain things on the news that angered me, now he just mumbles a quiet mumbled rebuke, 'hey, no need for that kind of language.' He has never bitten anyone other  than in over exhuberant play and even then shows guilt, he has never caused a fight withy another dog. Sometimes he goes over to say hello to anothere dog, if it snaps at him he will display his dominance as few are his phisycal equal.. He lets children poke him in his eyes, children I dont know say hello to him in the streets, friends I dont know. How can an animal be so good? No human is like that, all humans have selfish trates. Tex has none. Somrtimes people take him wrong. I tie him outside a shop, they go to interfere with him, he cant get away, he barks, How would you feel if everytime you went to town people tried to touch your face. He is a little too wild for society. Streets, cars, he doesnt get it, he loves to run through the fields, he loves to play,

No comments:

Post a Comment