Monday 28 June 2010

Broken moth. We will die before 66.

It is curious the governments deision to increase the retirement age. The lifespan of the generation that fed off home grown vegetables is vast, they're living past 90. The babyboomers, the swinging 60s, hippies, glam rockers, northern soul boys had discovered drink and drugs. They'll be dropping at 65 -70. My generation hit it all much harder. The drugs were harder and we battered ourselves. I had 12 close friends die in my late 20s and 30s. The next wave is just starting. Many travellers are dieing at 50. The artists and bohemians of my generation, well there organs are starting to fail. The fumes in the air, the chemicals in our food, the cigarrettes, drugs and drink from early teens. The 3 Ramones died within 3 years of each other. My lot aren't going to make 66. People aren't dieing older for much longer. The slump is starting now. It would have been Richards 40th 5 days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment