Wednesday 13 October 2010

A and E

I hate to post diary eea but I've not had time to do owt but do. Yesterday was spent in none stop movement, machining up components in a paranoid space, hard labour and noise. I finished and drove a buisnessman to a nearby city to keep the locals well, crashed, too alert and unable to switch off like after long motorway drives. Woke to pain, set off and worked again. Hard to talk to my workshop mate at the moment, sometimes peoples lives are too different to find a point of contact, however much you like them. Furniture for Pitt is done, I am working on the Georgian plinths for Bath, a robo job of no love I need to complete to have the money to finish the Pitt work. My main need is to retreive The Flats to restore them to full glory. This piece I truly believe to be a significant work and, for myself, I need it looking perfect. Bogged down with work. I got a few minutes rest after work before taking W to the hospital, he could lose his legs yet his so called friends havn't got him there. We drove there, pulled up in the ambulance bay, got a wheelchair and took him in. After moving the car I stayed to keep him talking, distraction is the greatest form of pain relief. Drove back and finally got a sit down to type this brief post.
Promise to have something more exciting to say next time. 48 hours of none stop movement hasn't allowed me a moment to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment