Thursday 21 October 2010

Hunting

There is a hormone that kicks in when hunting. It puts you solely in the moment, no past, no future, just that space, free from all worry or distraction. Sex is the only thing to compare yet this comparrison fails with modern baggage. It is primievel, beyond morralitty. Drugs are the only things close, perhaps climbing up buildings.
I shot a pheasent today, took a life, plucked and deconstructed the animal whilst warm. Tonight I shared food with my dog. The hunt, the feed brings us so close I can not compare it to anything. I shot some rats that have been feeding on the chickens food. This is great sport and I feel no guilt. It triggers the same hormones to an extent. Glands plse out messages. It beats religion. Just killing isn't the same as the wholekill and eat thing though. Taking a life to perpetuate ones own.
To my mind, the animal rights concept is inverse to the truth. Rather than elevate animals to having our rights status, we are, ourselves animals. Fighting, fucking, raping, murdering as all predatory animals do. This is no question of morrallity bt a question of what we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment