Wednesday 17 November 2010

Early Success

Reading Bens' blog it is impossible not to feel that he has lost out on crucial parts of development. I hope you don't mind me saying Ben, I'm sure you will agree. I felt the same reading Alex James Blur book, he was a boy, went to college, then became a pop star. He has nothing to compare this against. You pick up on the same from premiership footballers, there is a gap of growth that only failure and just bouncing around life can deliver. Ben has a better grasp of the world than Alex or Wayne Rooney but I can't help but feel glad to not have missed out on my late teens, 20s and 30s. A lot happens between childhood and your 40s.
How Ben will readjust will, I hope, make fascinating reading. His prison blog will surely one day be a book and I hope he keeps writing. I believe h is well in to his PHD. We need the views of the marginalised and Ben has a unique voice. Catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment