Monday 31 October 2011

Confidence

Confidence is apparent in people who feels that they have constructed a reading of reality and a plan to tackle it. Ease of processing input is not a skill I have but constrcting a coherent story is not recognising or grasping the truth.

The importance of keeping kids in school can not be overstated. For many it is the only place they geta square meal.

Whilst instinctively I stand against cuts in Arts education and see that many artists that have put Britain at the forefront of global Arts were not from wealthy backgrounds I still have quarms. I don't think anyting so trivial as money would have steered me in my education. Money is somethin  only thought about in recent years and even then not much. I would seriously qestion a prospective students commitment if they were in it for te money or even feared debt. Also, there wasn't that much money in Art when those who have made a lot first started.

Describing an object as 'art' or 'science' is poor English. Also I find it fair for someone who produces nothing to call themselves an artist. From Duchamps day art changed from being some quality inside an object to being the reaction on seeing the object. From here also, following the ready made, being an artist became a way of negotiating the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment