Saturday 14 April 2012

Filling in the Gaps

How often do you find people, rather than ask you for the truth choose to fill in the gaps using imagination and gossip. After a long stint of truancy shortly after my mothers death the school sent a social worker round to my house to see what I was up to.
She was really nice and this was a wise move. After a couple of weeks the thought of all the trouble I would be in overwhelmed me and so I stayed away longer and longer. Finally I dare not return.
Her approach was good but she had answered all the questions already. I must be sniffing glue and be a certain character type. It was easier for everyone involved to stick to a familiar script rather than address the problem.
I went back to school but nothing deep had altered.

No comments:

Post a Comment