Wednesday 6 January 2010

Blogs of old

With the start of the new year it seems a fitting time to relook at what the bloggers of old were up to, this january 6th posting on Samuel Pepys blog captures those early days of the blogosphere

Friday 6 january 1660
This morning Mr Sheply and I did eat our breakfast at Mrs Harpers, [my brother John being with me] upon a COLD TURKEY pieand a goose. From thence I went to my office, where we paid money to the soldiers till 1 o'clock, at which time we made an end and went home to my cosen, Thomas Pepys, and found them just sat down to dinner, which was very good; only the venison pasty was palpable beef, which was not handsome. After dinner I took my leave, leaving my wife with cozen Strandwick, and went to Westminster to Mr Vines, where George and I fiddled a good while, Dick and his wife [who was lately brought to bed] and her sister being there, but Mr Hudson not coming according to his promise, I went away, and calling at my house on the wench, I took her and the lanthorn with me to my  cozen Stradwick, where after a good supper, there being there my father, mother, brothers, and sister my cosen Scott and his wife, Mr Drawwater and his wife and her brother, Mr Stradwick, we had a brave cake brought us and in the choosing, Pall was queen and Mr Stradwick was king. After that my wife and I bid adieu and came home, it being a great frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment