Tuesday 12 June 2012

Reality Bends

I've had two odd experiences in one week. First one happened on jubilee Monday morning at about six o'clock. Having walked the dog around the park I snuck down a ginnel that brought me out on to a main road. I could hear violent aggressive shouting from a roof where a man of thirty odd had climbed. He remonstrated with a poor chap waiting for a lift to work. I'm guessing the roof man was at the tailend of a drug fuelled party and had felt oppressed by the worker. I kept my head down, not wishing to draw attention and walked by. There is a woman I meet some mornings who suffers dsome delusional condition. She mutters words to invisible people or creatures. She looked to the roof in no apparent surprise. On Saturday I found myself behind the same woman in marks and sparks. She looked well, clean etc. as. Left the shop she froze in front of me and began drawing her hands through the air at invisible airborne oddments. I took the back way and she took the front and we met again up by the church. Whether someone had broken in or the security system was faulty I don't know but a siren howled. A voice from the steeple cried out,'please leave the building. Security services are on the way,' and other words to deter any intruder. As I made my way up the hill I heard her scream. What got me both times was that the chaos was in the air. Her reactions were correct or in keeping with the world at least. Does schizophrenia bend reality or was this chance. If the church steeple speaks how should one react?

No comments:

Post a Comment