Thursday 17 July 2014

The Work Dole Dilemna

What do you do? Too mentally ill, too unpredictable, too unreliable to hold down a steady job, too weird at times to interact with other human beings. Yet driven by a belief that my life is my own responsibility, no one owes me a living. I would never take their money and have ian Duncan smith cackling his evil down on me. Yet I do know several freinds, more mentally stable than me with houses, disability benefits, mobility assistance, no council tax, free dentistry and glasses. So I do what I can. Sometimes I work very hard. But now I must rest and try recover. I say rest, I am making windows to pay the rent, building a porch to repay borrowed money. When you're on your arse everyone is happy to get half price work out of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment