Sunday 21 February 2010

Hawklords

Well Hawkwind were great last night, Allen Davey, Jerry Richards, Steve Swindells, Danny Thomson, Harvey Bainbridge, Nik and Ron. Seems they've sorted out their differences and all looked like they had a point to prove. A long set, Born to Go, Brainstorm, Master of the Universe, Shouldnt do that, Sonic Attack, Hassan i sahba, High Rise, Psi power, Robot, Ejection, Silver Machine and many others. A broad body of work stretching from Space Ritual through the Calvert stuff. A decent turn out too.
I first saw Hawkwind when I was 14 and can't count how many times I've seen them. I had a long stretch where I never saw them but when I met up again with Ron, who I lived with aged 16, lost touch with for 20 odd years, then met again. I asked what he was up to, he told me he was Hawkwind frontman. Shortly after he got dropped. There could be at least 5 Hawkwinds made of ex members but this line up is as good as any I have ever seen.

1 comment:

  1. Those energy stimulators
    Just turn your eyeballs into craters
    But an orgone accumulator
    Is a superman creator

    It's no social integrator
    It's a one man isolator
    It's a back brain stimulator
    It's a cerebral vibrator of orgones

    ReplyDelete