Sunday 7 February 2010

Therapy

A message to all cognescenti, you will know who I meen. A man who contributed as much to 1970s musical culture as anyone. James Whild Lea now has Therapy available for download, if you look hard. Apparently, a few years back, he played Jims Jam at Robins no 2 Bilston, apparently a legendary night.Our hero was always shy, hated stardom played live for the first time in 25 years with , amongst others, an original member of the N Betweens.
Robins 2 is a special place.  A temple to the culture skreeworld has spent a year pursuing the echoes of. Last week Nazareth ripped the roof off. I recall the night I took Ron up to front Space Ritual, Nik was sick. I was fortunate to be there for all sound checks and hospitallity, sat with Terry Ollis and other faces I knew from album sleeves of my acid drenched early teens, 'In Search of Space', 'Hawkwind'.
Also Noddys bar, still sticky carpeted from double diamond and newcastle brown, poster sized photos of early Slade gids before the mainstream caught up. A legendary venue. I am looking forward to the Nazareth gig in Bristol tunnels 16th feb but the heart of that black country dive hulds the spirit of Sabbath in its walls, like a serious crime scene, still the smell of Slade.

No comments:

Post a Comment