Saturday 21 May 2011

The Art of Diplomacy

Once again the anarchic youth are making sonic mayhem downstairs. Last time I went down I went in anger and nearly got a kicking from a gang of pissed up binge drinkers. Why can't youth hold their drink? Why must they fight and shout and play crap music all night? I still hear the shouts but the booming of music has stopped. Each weekend I face the choice of holding my breath, seeing my dog cower or to grab a bat and charge in and smash some heads. But what then? I would get a battering, war would break out. I was diplomatic tonight, I just hope they don't return, more drunk and cause trouble. Of all the drugs that a country should choose as their legal option alcohol seems strange. Unless children are brought up in an environment where recreational alcohol use is present we will have binge drinking. People need to be taught how to drink. It's like training a boxer. Discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment