Thursday 7 May 2015

Homelessness and dog theft

Opiate withdrawall is long, depressing, boring. Once you are past the pain your brain and body takes a year or so to relevel during which you feel U creative, lost, cold, depressed. A vast emptiness, worse than a lost lover. For weeks you get no sleep. I'm up to about two hours before dawn which breaks in nightmares and I drag myself out with my dog. Last time, 2002, tex saved me. Sled dogs need five miles each morning really unless you want a violent monster.
We slipped in to town where damp had rendered all dogends redundant bar the already trawled precincts where another homeless guy gets up and is the early worm. Fortunately J was rising from his outdoor post to warm up by the river. His dog, his best freind was stolen some five months back. This must be worse than losing tex. At least I saw him die. J has no clue where his was taken to after being stolen. I pray not gypsy dogfighting. He gave me a roll up and discussed the fact homeless people have the healthiest dogs. Later this was exemplified by a lost black Labrador who some guppy runs with before work. Joggers are knobheads but that's their choice. What is wrong is to hope to combine this futile activity with dog walking. Dogs need to stop frequently, smell their environment, eyes aren't their world.
Running back in haste he found him as I'd saved him from the traffic. A good morning wouldn't have gone amiss.
A girl who walks her dogs well I saw again, her mighty thighs the proud result of good dog keeping. Into the buttercup fields we went where Dook played in dog heaven. Longish grass and meadow flowers.
Up the hill the polish shop leaves out its out of date food. English skip raiding must seem spiteful to poles who know poverty. I have been accosted by filth for trying to reclaim M&S cast offs they'd rather see in landfill than hungry bellies.
Across the road my other homeless freind slept invisible to most as Dook mistook a passerby for my partner and insisted on attempting to try drag us together despite any real resemblance. His eyes aren't too clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment