Friday 15 May 2015

I Tried to catch a fractured angel fallen to the E

I Tried to catch a fractured angel fallen to the Earth

I tried to catch the fragments as the shattered angel fell to earth
Her particles slipped through my grasp
lacerating finger flesh
like crushing lightbulbs clapped twixt palms my shredded grasp bloodied but sparkling crystal fragment cuts
Her diamond shards regrouped together glancing back with mild disdain
As if a man could hold or help such matter equipped with mere flesh and heart
this crystalline mist of dust and sand and chunks so sharp it slashed through meat
and silently entranced I couldn't hope to shift my glance as wonder trumped attempts to avert my eye
so captured by her majesty, shattered, shifting, reformation particles found destination
such grace eclipses privacy
so rare one gapes unconsciously
resisting staring at beauteous impossibility
pity or empathic forgiveness allowed her eyes to let me in and briefly witness reassembly
a metamorphic reconstruction, something human eyes aren't free to see
this rebirth of a mythic being of beauty beyond our natural laws of simple flesh biology
and as the crystal creature reassembled, fluid speed rendered me humbled
the witness to a magic science not of our world
scared and lost in our moist and peat and meat
her crystalline biology accepted my water based fragility
she stopped and graced me to let me see
but briefly her broken form reassemble silently
returned to strong geology
we saw each other openly
so swiftly her return to flight shone down on me resplendent light
as magic slipped away to my normality
my bloodied shredded hands heald particles of jewelled sand
the coloured spectrum fragments burnt
my palms a gift of painful colours
crystal fragments, blood and loss


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment