Monday 27 June 2011

Richard revisit

n need of rest I drove to Richards grave and slept 6 feet above him for a while. Quite what passers by thought of a tramp, unconscious in the green area of Lawnswood Cemetry I don't know or care. My Mothers ashes are there somewhere too, Richards Dad, John, my Grandma, many other lost ones. I slept in peace though still woke unrested.
Their Angels must have been watching me. I pulled up at some traffic lights. I woke with a gap some 7 cars length before me to the green light. I came alert and drove on but two police cars pulled me over. I had drunk one can of beer though was exhausted. I shouldnt have been on the road yet I had weighed up the need to see my Dad, Mother and Richard and took a decision. The copper asked if the car was mine, if I had been drinking, he called for a breathaliser kit. Then someone, something intervened. He told me to leave the car and walk. I don't condone my actions yet I really shouldn't have got away with that.
Bewildered, I grabbed my bags and staggered back to where I was staying.
The day ended and I slept.
In the morning Devo had been attacked. He'd gone to say good night to the Machines dog and it lept at his face, severely scarring him. He couldnt sleep. The dog had never shown dislike.
I know why, I have brought up dogs but I won't say owt. Some dogs need 5 mile walks a day and all dogs need interaction with their own kind.
Fed turned up in to this mess. Devo and The Machine were poisoned and ill so we snucck off for breakfast.
The sad part was they had both really wanted to see Feddy, when I had arrived I was overwhelmed by their love. Perhaps the dog issue needed discussing. Well it does. That could have been a child or a weaker woman. I don't often speak out but that dog needs serious training or the future holds a worse story.
Neither Devo Nor his brother were well enough to come to Hebden Bridrge to see Feddy play. That desrves a seperate posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment