Monday 13 February 2012

Skreeworld Politics

Skreeworld, well my entire creative output can be summed up by saying 'this is what it is like to be me'
Makes me feel all guilty, this attention seeking
but when I do nowt, when I just am I get this awful feeling that I ought to be doing something
Divisions in society are growing. Communication between different strata is becoming more difficult.
There is little real interaction outside of your own community. The nature of community has changed however. It no longer seems to be about where you sleep. We have on line communities grouped by cultural interest.
I abandoned facebook after realising that I couldn't present the same 'me' to all people. I can joke in the character of another to close freinds and they will recognise irony, they will know when I am being sincere. Acquaintances took a few things I said straight up when I meant them tongue in cheek so I packed it in pretty much.
It isn't so much class as some peoples sense of entitlement that revolts. Nature can be tough. The idea that meritocracy will save us is untrue. There are more routes away from lower class origins. But what if not only born poor you are also ugly and stupid? what then?
If these open doors pluck up all the lower class talent what are we left with? An underclass that appear on Jeremy Kyle.
I got to feeling like a performing chimp and wanted the comforts of home.
So it is the duty of the talented to stay down to keep it spicy down here.
The Big Society as I under stand it is the abandonment of all responsibilty by the government. You want a library? then go build one and man it.
The openings for upward mobility are closing quicker than any time in my life.
The idea that you should be able to profit from others ill health is abhorent to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment