Saturday 18 April 2015

The Scale of the Decision

Enduring withdrawall entails psychotic episodes. Periods when you can not tell where you are not sure what is and isn't real. The choice I have made, to stop all chemicals of addiction has entailed so much I often wonder whether I have done right or wrong. I lost my home, gave up my business, abandoned work and left a relationship, relocated, lost all income, upset and offended many people. I have thrown away almost every pillar of my life. To live in a van, alone with my dog, until I am well. Until I know who exists beneath the layers of chemistry.
So many years wasted, so few left to realise my dreams. I could have continued making decent furniture for rich private clients that few would see. I am proud to have rejected that snake that sucked me in and taken this ladder to reclaim my aspirations. I have never felt insecure about my artwork, some is better than other but I have never felt insecure. Maybe I am arrogant. Maybe I have had my fill of objects and making. Ideas fuel my fire more now so writing draws me in. In patches I hit a good rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment