Thursday 8 July 2010

Skreework on show

A show of designer craftsman furniture, remember, it was all the rage in the early 1980s, called Inspired at Ashton Court from next weekend includes 2 serious works from Skree. I have a feeling it may be pearls before swine but it may be great. I have stopped doing Cheltenham due to the rut of thought it has caused. I see people around me making what they think designer craftsman furniture should be. The further they get in, the further from thier soul the work becomes. This is a truly sad phenomena. I gave up teaching over 5 years ago becaus I could no longer support this but it has followed me. Seeing people fall in to a trap I fell in to 20 years ago yet have to keep quiet for others feelings is hard. Like a blinkered horse they charge on.

No comments:

Post a Comment