Wednesday 21 July 2010

Tex, king of theWolves- operation. Skree posting

Hi, I'm still ill and on powerful antibiotics.
Tex is down. He went for an operation on the lump on gis back that has been growing. I heald back for nearly a year, trying to operate myself on a few occassions. The lump started to grow. Vets are so young these days. No ammount of college and reading can equate to experience and that can only come with time.
I finally gave in and took him in today. The fear in his eyes as I left filled me with guilt. Tex stays with me all the time. His seperation anxiety is all consuming, he would climb through hell to get to me. They fill them with ketamin, valium, anaesthetise them by a pipe forced down the throat.
He trusts me, I could have done the job myself as he trusts me, without drugs. And saved £300 .
Tears have been shed. Seeing him coming out, coming round from the anaesthetic hisa drive to be home overpowered thgedrugs thgat stopped him dragging himself to me. They phoned to get me come get him as he was defying all drugs.
Vets are usually shit. With hindsight, I would have learned whatto do, given him a few valium, and done it myself without this brutality. He is still tripping from ketamin whilst drifting in and out of sleep from sedatives yet hasn't had a propoer drink bar a few ice cubes, nor food , nor a shit or hardly a piss. 3 flights of stairs i have to force him through in his K hole to go outside.
Very distressing and the last time i use a vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment