Friday 15 July 2011

Full moon lunacy

Is it the full moon? I walked out tonight and hear that Tim, schizophrenic street beggar and general nice guy. Since being sectioned, the hospital has fed him well, already a big, powerful man, he now looks a prizefighter. He storms up the hill ranting that the devil is raping Elvis and deep satanic forces are controlling him. He was on full form Terrifying to strangers yet beneath his illness he is a gentle and kind man. He thinks me and my partner are Angels. I do give him cash when he's begging and I'm flush I will give him 5 or 10 drops. The psychiatrists, in all thier wisdom, let him out on the most powerful moon for months.
A note had been put through our door saying that a friend of my partner was in the pub. Only on 2nd look did we realise it was from the police. M lives in North Scotland and has been sectioned twice in the last 6 months trying to get here. One time she got a taxi to Aberdeen bfore the driver handed her over to the police who took her to hospital. Next time she was found on the shores of a loch, lost, looking for Somerset. Somehow she got here. I could make no sense at all as her mind drifted through time from childhood throughout her 60 odd years. Dementia is a terrible thing. 
There is no place for people when they begin to fall, when thier marbles go. No one up in Scotland knew she was here. The Police step in when they tumble and blood pours down their face but as soon as they can get out, they'll leave you to mop it up. We can provide a roof, a sofa, a TV but no professional help. Where do you go to die? Nature should have provided us with an 'off' button.  hope my partner can cope. I will do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment