Thursday 12 July 2012

Broken Smiles

Cornered, always intruded upon, never any privacy, loud locals walk in on me, walk through my head, walk through my mind. The village folk, in the streets, they pelted me with stones, the bumpkin Fromans, jeered me with pterodactyl cackles. So, in search of escape I tore off, dripping dust and ideas behind me. And with their putrid stares slashed my evening. And home, hidden in my nest all was calm, save for the Internet flickering commentary on my mind, texted opinions fluttering down in my dreams. Sleep brings no respite save diplodocus mutance in mud, dragonfly jabbers and toad like squash between my toes, the brittle fracture of broken birds and reptile leatherings across my skin. Consciousness returned in guilty spurts and dragged me to life. Alcohol broke the days assault, opiates smoothed it's tryseratops spines, crack pipes woke a sensory sparrows bristle up my spine and Valium layers toffeed me under. Stripped of these drug blankets I was forlorn. Exposed in the archaeopteryx flight path, trampled under tyrannosaur foot. Broken and beaten I lay dormant for nine months save for my fearful breathe, curling up in smoky spirals, nicotine froth and yellow stained. Doctors dare not try to fix me nor psychosurgeons stitch me up. My brain, fractal spattered and broken smiles all was left and rebuilding not s Lego wall but a quagmire of fossil fragments loosely assembled from the memories left of who I was. Yet slowly, a bruised animal reformed, A dinosaur, a prehistoric oddity, lost in others time.

No comments:

Post a Comment