Thursday 26 July 2012

TWTW 5



I have a habit of saying yes to everything so when asked if I could fit out a showmans trailer I said I'd have a look. I drove out to a fantastic piece of woodland between here and Bath teeming with butterflies. It is not beyond the possible to see Purple Emporers in the lofty tree canopy.  Roe deer jumped off as I approached the clearing. There are few sites for those who reject bricks and mortar and this is a hidden gem. There s even a lake. The trailer needs more than I can give at present. The backlog of furniture orders means I'll be busy for most of the year. It would have been nice though and a few free days may get thrown in.
Some old friends of mine are living on the same site; its a small world. Hes got a workshop set up in a refridgeration lorry tucked deep in the woods, making electric, high powered bikes, among other things.
Back home I bumped in to a man who I made a living van for some years back. One of those high bow topped trailers like Fred Dibner towed to London. Its still going strong. Odd how things link up.


No comments:

Post a Comment