Saturday 4 October 2014

Where to from here?

I feel I have discovered something of great value yet the sceptic in me is always nagging away. Perhaps you should experience things and there truth lies in that moment only. I suppose, deep down, as my blog objective or mission statement read my aim is to try understand what I'm doing here, where here is and what am I. My youthful love affair with psychedelics was in truth a search for the spiritual which is eminently clearly as real as the wood I touch and the sand I run through my fingers for some people yet it is invisible to me.
At the end of this episode of my life I had given it my all but it was just hallucinations. Pretty, beautiful, but I found no God at the end of it. We had some great times but I'm not sure if any of it was of any real value.
I'll need three weeks to ready myself but a small group of well trusted freinds, maybe four, I'd like to give it one more go. As a group we could do some night time exploring and share the em pathogenic effects.
I just recall one really special moment of beauty that I had forgotten. As we ventured out I looked up to the Stars and the entire sky was awash with multicoloured shooting stars. Keeping check on my dog I focused on him assuming it would be as wonderous when we reached the park and light pollution was less. But this rare moment was lost. I should learn from that. Take it while it's there.
But is any of it real. Perhaps you can only ever judge a moment within its own brief existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment