Friday 23 October 2009

friday night

Went out to see K at one of the four main traveller sites in our area. I feel it important, with the potential collapse of conventional society, and due to my own history of living on traveller sites that its important to stay in touch with that world, being able to live for free, feed from skips, hunt rabbit, pigeon, knowing how to butcher up roadkill deer may well be useful skills.
I parked up on the road and walked to the site through dark undergrowth. I got what I came for then gave K a lift to get some K , he's off the gear and needs to fill the vaccuum with something.
We drove off, got the gubbins, then after chips drove back on to site. Rain has been pouring for days and channels have been forged deep in to the mud. The secret to not getting stuck iss to get up some speed and charge through.
They got K'd up, the other lad deep in K holes could hardly stand and stopping him from finding a prematuredeath took up the rest of our evening.
When I left, I checked out the frpoute of greatest traction, reversed up on to the grass got speed up with low revs, hit the mud channels and it carried me through like a scalextric car in a sea of mud and apun off home. One small loss of rear end control on the A36 but otherwise an easy ride home in the pissing rain and leaf mulch

No comments:

Post a Comment