Sunday 18 October 2009

Jogger Trap

I think it grew from some idea I had about the irony of suburban buissnessmen, getting up, going jogging for three miles, then driving three miles to work. As a paperboy I would watching, bellys waloping about neath lycra. Bored one evening me and paul set about trapping us a jogger, rather like one might snare a rabbit. There was a main path through Primley Park woods these men favoured so we took a length of good thick wire, 3 or 4mm diameter and stretched it taught across the path at waist height between two sturdy trees. To one side of the path was a ditch drainsge stream for the golfcourse , to the othert a thicket of young silver birch trees interspersed with aged hard woods, not far from'The old mans back' , you may remember from earlier postings on the blog. Once the trap was set we sat like poachers in wait for our prey.
As luck would have it, two local yobs came racing through, down the woodland path on 50cc scrambler bikes, Lanky [Ian Lancaster] and Shepz [Warren Shepherd] both prolific in spray can grafitti and bullying skills. Lanky hit first, the wire took him clean off his bike that shot off in to the ditch, Lanky went flying. I didn't wait to see Shepz hit but followed Paul who nhad already scarpered. I think Paul climbed and hid up a tree somewhere. I saw Lanky dish out some misguided justice on some other kids, unconnected to our plot, beating them with his crash helmet. I was stealthy in those woods and knew every last ditch. I heard the kids sayingf 'it wertent us, it was Skree and Fryer'. Luckily for Paul the two yobs both went to my schgool and for a good three weeks Ihad to hang around its corridors after school to avoid them as they waited each bnight to kick my head in. Not sure how it ended for Paul, I think he got a bigger yob to warn them off. Me and my brother, Dave, were walking back from the woods one day. Shepz wizzed up on hois bike. Askede if it was me and Fryer who had set the trap. I said yes. My brother wqas bigger than him and outnumbered 2 to 1 he retreated.

No comments:

Post a Comment