Sunday 1 November 2009

Songs of Misery and Darkness

After a hectic friday and saturday I managed to get to the Groucho to see Pauls songs of misery and darkness.
Unfortunately I missed the bulk of the show but caught the old Roxi Music classic, 'In every dream home', 'Boys don't cry' and the mighty NIB, the truly awesome Black Sabbath song. Paul said 'This ones for Skree', Which touched me, he forgot the first few lines so I felt helpful in being able to remind him .
Great night out, shame I couldnt stay longer.
I'm backing him for the big public artpiece for the 2012 games.
The country is awash with Gormleys, more Kapour woul be a bore. I dont know who the other two on the shortlist are but this is something intended to rival the eifal tower and Pauls stained glass pylon seems perfect for the job, as seen in last weeks Sunday Times and, I believe in one of todays major papers.
You have to support your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment