Friday 16 April 2010

Jawbone and the Airrifle

I saw a big fat rabbit in the electicity substation, before I could get my rifle she made it in to the undergrowth. I popped down again later and she was there agian. The first shot I took either missed or she just flinched, looked around alert.  reloaded and put a pellet through her head, this time she dropped straight dead. Climbed over the fence and pulled her neck to make sure. I gutted her thier then made my way out and took her back behind the workshop, beheaded her and skinned her and washed her.
Since my decision to eat only animals that have led a natural life due to my misgivings about farming, meat has taken on a new and spiritual meening. To look an animal in the eye and kill him swiftly you know that you have gifted a death they woud never have in nature where an injury leads to an animal being slowly eaten alive in terror. As you cook and eat the animals spirit wont leave you. It is not a feeling of guilt but a holistic understandingof the animals life and a transcendence of its spirit in to yours. The feeling is primieval. Only sex is similar in its pure instinctive power.

No comments:

Post a Comment