Wednesday 28 April 2010

Tex - The Wolf

Just took Tex out for a last stroll before bed. It never fails to amaze me how he knows more people than me. Often whilst walking through town,children will come over to say hello. One of the things I am most proud of is Texs' gentlness with children. Maybe it comes from his Malmute Husky roots. The Innuits sleep together, family, children dogs and all. His popularity spreads by word of mouth and for each kid he befriends this multiplies as children are want to share. It must be quite fantastic, as a child to befreind such a powerful beast.
We walked to the second ginnle then returned. As I passed the first I saw the silhouette of a dog and someone lieing on the ground. I wandered down to check they were ok. The guy I don't know personally but he always seems  a nice chap and he is invariably with his beautiful dog He was just layed down looking at the full moon and was ok. Tex got a bit playfull so I withdrew. The guy knew Tex though. 'Tex the Wolf' he said. All was cool. I'd like to know him and his dog, they seem a great pair. But how does he know Tex?
Tex has his own life and though he is my dog, he will never be anyone but his own.
I hope the life of Tex gets published. It is a story worth reading. I have learned so much from him. The best part is the innate nature of 'good'. Tex always meens well. Sometimes he gets it wrong, but then we all do. It blows a lot of animal theory out of the water, the brutality of survival, the selfish gene. Perhaps, because he was castrated at the rescue centre his life took on new meening. The idea that we are thier to just further our species is full of holes. Tex will never have offspring but has contributed to mans understanding more than most dogs. Those who don't understand him, I pity.
If Angels exist, he is surely one. I may have saved his life but he equally saved mine. Without a doubt I would be dead were it not for Tex.

No comments:

Post a Comment