Saturday 15 May 2010

Mark 1

They say don't meet your heroes. I dont really have heroes but if there is a man who has kept me going through my momemts of creative doubt it would be Mark E Smith. His work has born an aural parallel to all I have done. He may not suffer fools gladly but tonight, he came to chat, smiling, interested in my work, a true gent. His music, if you can call it that, to me it has always been an art experiment in my eyes and ears. When life felt unlivable a Fall album would come out and all seemed ok. Tonight I got to have a chat with him. All was fine. He may not like sycophants and plaguerists but has a genuine interest in others work. I always wondered what he was really like, dont tell anyone but he is a really sound genuine bloke. Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment