Monday 10 May 2010

Sparrowhawk

Today began grim. I shot a woodpigeon that dropped in to the river on the opposite side so put another pellet through his head to make sure. I have given up eating farmed meat so meat is a special, spiritual treat. The kill, the life and death of the animal all goes through your mind as you eat. My tyre was flat when I got back to the van from the river and the rest of the morning was spent sorting this out. I spoe at length about the designs I am working on on the phone. Walked down the river hoping to find the woodpeckers nest but found he sparrowhawks. I sat for a couple of hours watching the male bringing back food for the female from my hidden position. Later I came back but this time above the nest on the railway tracks and soo saw te male circling above watching me. A fox ran along the tracks. I got in to positon and could see down in to the nest. Looking forward to the chicks hatching and hopeull getting some good footage of feeding and fledgling flights.

No comments:

Post a Comment