Friday 7 May 2010

Wellington Tower looking up

Sometimes I get to wondering whetherr its all worth it. I see people getting by signing on, beautiful flats in Bath, houses in Frome that face out to open countryside. Rent paid, prescripions, dentisry, everything fre. The only price is your self respect.
Or get a job. Work for someone else, let them take the stress, buy a house. The life choice I have made is not an easy one. Not a free penny. Shouldering the responsibillity for ypour own life and make things for people. Test your creativity and cunning agaijnst the world. It isn't an easy life. I did lecturing for a while but teaching is an easy route, an abandonment of personal creative ambition. I think this is why I love the Fall. Through thick but usually thin, bankrupsy, alcoholism, he has always kept it going. Alwas been one of the best Artists in Britan. I hate it when people see them as a band or call them punk or refer to thier 80s work revealing these folk as mere fashion fools. The Fall are in thier 5th decade and should be compared with fine artists not roc or pop groups. They are more relevant nowthan ever. I dont have neroes or role models but if  did, Mark E Smith would be a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment