Saturday 27 March 2010

Political local shit

I never wanted to enter in to politics on the Skreeworld blog however Frome/Somerton seat is a crucial marginal. There has never been a conservative government when the tories failed to win this seat. I am an incomer. Perhaps my opinion is worth shit. I just wish to call to mind the Poll Tax riots, The Battle of the Beanfield, Nostall Priory where, refugees from recession took to the road to form an alternative society. They were crushed by Thatchers evil. The Battle of Orgreave, 8000 miners and families met 5000 coppers who road in like a medievel battle swinging truncheons at honest working men, women and children. It is easy to forget how evil Her era was. Yes times have changed, yes Blair took a coutnry to war that only a minority approved of, Blair rode a wave of global echonomic prosperity based on credit. There is much to hate in New Labour. Brown is a dour man. In our small yet pivoal consituency, the game is tory or lib dem. If you live here, and I know you have lived lives of isolated prosperty throughout all of this so it must appear largely achademic. But if, as I have , seen a woman, who has fought to feed a family on nothing smashed in the face by police baton. A generation grown from this who don't distrust but hate police, as I hate the police. A country that, due to planned constituency changes, may never see an alternative to tory rule, I beg, if you live here, vote lib dem. Brown may be drab yet he has learned his trade over many years. If it were my buisness and I had to choose twixt him and some smiley faced, inexperienced graduae who knew nothing about governance, who wou;ld I choose? This is a big decision. Small business has done well under labour. Under conservative rule it will be very rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment