Tuesday 20 September 2011

Missed shot

This week has been the first when the realities of reccession have felt real. Of course I have had periods of feast and famine throughout all years of self employment stretching back to the early '90s and maybe it is the information barrage from TV, papers and radio but three local makers in my area have walked in to the workshop this week. We all run isolated buisnesses and hence have remote,subjective percepions of what the heat of the climate is. One is semi retired, one has had a patchy year and one has no work. The whole game is never secure, you can never see too far ahead but it has always felt, even when things were quiet that something would turn up. I'm not so sure now. I have work but seeing an older friend who I care for and respect, someone more technically knowledgable than me, out of work worries me. Luxury goods are first to suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment