Wednesday 24 August 2011

Competitive Blogging

I found my blog under a list of furniture makers blogs under the title above. My blog has never tried to be competitive nor about furniture. I checked out the others. They were promotional vehicles, advertising. I had set mine out to be a sort of observational commentary of what I saw and thought. It feels so sad that people choose to use blogs as a vehicle for self promotion rather than an insight in to the mind of an artist. Each day I post imagery that inspires my journey. Then I read adverts on others. It seems sad, almost tragic that such an open avenue of expression should be used counter creatively and as a mere vehicle to try sell when mine has always been an artistic venture in itself. I have read Nicholas Dysons which is fascinating, taking journeys of thought all over, love it. Others seem terribly morbid self promotional avenues of tripe. It is like giving a class of children a piece of paper and saying, 'draw something', then finding most had written , 'look, I am ace, buy my things'. It is fucking miserable. No insight in to any experience, just some pictues of what they are making and a few adverts for exhibitions. If this is the level of thought I am supposed to 'compete' with then count me out. One made me cringe with shame, I won't say whos but, come on, is that all you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment