Monday 22 August 2011

New Job

The last three years have destroyed my business. I design and make furniture. I have a patron though over the years things have changed. I designed and built the furniture for a house of his in London. There were always discussion on design and changes that were made but in the end it looked really good. I spent a year after this living with Richard. This came about as my dad got ill so I needed to be near whilst he was in hospital. I went to work at the Workhaus, a company that designed and fitted out exhibition centres and museums. They were a lovely bunch of guys and I really landed on my feet. Having Tex means that I have to be with him all the time or find someone else prepared to spend 24 hours a day with a 7 stone Husky cross Alsation. Richard loved Tex and did a great job of looking after him, no one could have been better. Staying there also meant I could at least spend the evenings with Tex and not lose our bond. Richard was a heroin addict and an alcoholic. This didn't affect Tex and it is surprising how unemployed people invariably have better kept dogs than idiots who keep a dog locked at home alone all day. The RSPCA should prevent that sort of thing. Sleeping was difficult as people would arrive at all hours to smoke crack and do heroin. I somehow managed to survive. Richard is now dead. He fell in love with a girl who used him to death and though he died from an overdose I don't believe it was a true suicide, just an abandonment of caring whether he lived or died.

No comments:

Post a Comment