Thursday 5 August 2010

Babyshambles - Gang of Gin

this was the one that got me. I'd lost my love, my house, just me and Tex in the workshop and van, discarded for taking the wrong colour drugs. Peter was in a similar pickle. Did he give in? did I? no, we went back and made better work, proved the biggotry was just that. Our art coninued, did thiers? Not really. It isnt what you put in to yourself, its what you put out. I felt a kinship as Peters band continued to use his art under his name to make money. They toured as The Libertines, thieving from him when he was ill, singing his songs of personal experience whilst posting an album cover that sought to play him as a junky. The cruelest part was the con trick they played on his return from jail, knowing he had the material, sending Carl in a fake offer of friendship to meet him. All his work was used for The Libertines 2nd album whilst he was cut out. They trashed his reputation for money. He has a strong legal case were he the type to use the authorities yet he chose to do it the noble way. Get a new outfit and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment