Friday 27 August 2010

They say age doesn't matter

Wisdom. Each time I hear that age doesnt matter I think of folk ten years my junior and what I believed ten years ago and it is clearly crap. I tried to explain something I have only learned these last few years. Say your gang is stuck out overnight, I could gather the firewood, light the fire, hunt the food, cook the dinner and build the shelter. But what would this prove? only my arrogance. Each person needs to feel a sense of purpose. To 'steal' all the jobs would make me no hero. All I would be doing would be depriving others of a sense of purpose and self esteam. An adult would let the others feel involved, if thier fire was worse than yours  then what the fuck? bar your ego. Let them cook a worse meal, let them make a worse shelter. That is the mark of a true adult. This only came to me at late thirties. I like mid thirties people but they have ten yeares less experience than me. Ask them about 25 year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment