Sunday 29 August 2010

The Death of Magic

Life can be said to take place in a trifurcation; there is the life we live visible to others evident in the eyes of others, what you make, the images of yourself as seen by others, sometimes picked up on film or camera still, are always shocking; Because of the second life we live, the one we are only party to, my private thoughts, the world seen or experienced from within, no one sees this, no one other than yourself knows this; And the third, the one of magic, the third life we live (or I certainly do) where events outside of my control are under my control through the force of my will, at worst, through my reading of them.
This weekend, I lost the third; my superpower. I saw the flat world of others, those whose sole manipulative abillity on reality is through thier toil, I was reduced to the world of the common man. Tommorrow my powers must return. I am not greedy; only a fool thinks himself a magician at all times, just snippets, the odd angle, the odd view of the mundane through the eye of beauty. If you have this, if you live in more than the bifurcation of reality, you will know what I meen, if not, I can not begin to describe the feeling of loss when its' not there. Try imagine blindness and you are close.

No comments:

Post a Comment